Outstanding Yound Artist Achievement Award
2017 Competition Details
National Chamber Ensemble supports young talent and has created performance opportunities for
outstanding young musicians since its inception in 2007. NCE is thrilled to announce the 2017
Outstanding Young Artist Achievement Award Competition. The winner of the auditions will be
selected by a jury of distinguished musicians.
The criteria for excellence is outstanding musicianship and playing ability.
The 2017 competition is open to pianists between the ages of 12 and 18 years.
The winner of the 2017 Outstanding Young Artist Achievement Award Competition will receive:
- A beautiful crystal award trophy,
- A $750 scholarship
- A solo performance with the National Chamber Ensemble on December 16, 2017. (Finalists in addition to the winner may be invited to perform at the December 16 concert.)
Rules and Procedures
1. ELIGIBILITY: Applicants between the ages of 12 - 18 years old and who are residents of Virginia, District of Columbia or Maryland can apply in piano. The National Chamber Ensemble reserves the right to accept or reject applications.
2. APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Fill out and submit the application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via regular mail along with the application fee to Auditions Coordinator, National Chamber Ensemble, P.O. Box 41449, Arlington, VA 22204, U.S.A.
3. THE APPLICATION FEE: The application fee is $50 and must be received by November 2, 2017. This is not a postmark date.
The fee may be paid in one of the following forms: online using credit card or PayPal at http://www.nationalchamberensemble.org/award/award.php, via a bank check drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars; by enclosing U.S. dollars; or by VISA or MASTERCARD. No other form of payment can be accepted.
4. AUDITION VIDEO: YouTube videos are used in the preliminary rounds. Applicants must upload their videos, indicate their titles on the application and also email links to email@example.com. Please put each movement of longer works on a separate video. Write your name, repertoire, and other performers’ names (including accompanists) in the description on YouTube.
THE REQUIRED RECORDED REPERTOIRE IS:
Two COMPLETE contrasting works or one movement of a classical or romantic concerto not longer than 15 minutes in length.
5. DEADLINES: The final deadline ($50) for submitting an application for a live audition is Thursday, November 2, 2017 (The application fee of $50 is non-refundable) Finalists will be notified by email or phone by November 8, 2017
6. LIVE COMPETITION: Finalists must be available Saturday, November 11, for a live competition. The live competition will be held at Arlington Arts, 3700 S. Four Mile Run Drive, Arlington, VA. (Finals are open to the public)
7. MEMORIZATION: Solo repertoire on all instruments must be performed by memory.
8. Photography: The National Chamber Ensemble reserves the right to photograph and record the competition and performance for Public Relations purposes.
Registration Fee: $50
We accept check/money order and Credit card. See application for details.
If you wish to pay Online by Credit Card or PayPal you can do it below.
(Deadline for application and Youtube video submission): Thursday, November 2, 2017
Saturday, November 11, 2016
(Finals are open to the public)
Finalists will be notified by Nov. 8, 2017
Saturday, December 16, 2017
Pay Application Fee:
or send payment by mail
(along with application)
National Chamber Ensemble
P.O. Box 41449
Arlington, VA 22204
Telephone: (703) 685-7590
Past Recipients2015: Avery Gagliano, 13 (piano)
2016: Brandon Du, 12 (violin)